Stargazer Hollow will have a limited number of 2022 CSA shares available.
We have a diversified farm with vegetables and fruits, microgreens, ducks (and duck eggs), honeybees (and honey), and cut flowers. We’re not certified organic because our land isn’t eligible for certification yet, but we generally practice regenerative agriculture methods and only treat our plants if absolutely necessary, only with OMRI-listed (organic) treatments.
CSA shares are weekly distributions of our farm products throughout the harvest season. Our main season is June – September.
Shares can be picked up at our farm in Berkley on Fridays 2-6, at our booth at the Hingham Farmers Market on Saturdays 9-1, or delivered to your home on Fridays or Sundays if you’re in our delivery areas (see below).
If you need to skip a week and let us know in advance, that is fine, and please let us know if you’d like a double share the next week or want some other plan. If you don’t let us know in advance but don’t pick up your share, we will donate it.
Benefits of CSAs
For us: CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture”. When you buy your share at the beginning of the growing season, we farmers are more able to predict sales and cash flow, which allows us to plan ahead on our seed and labor expenses. When we have unexpectedly successful or unsuccessful plantings of a certain crop, we have a community behind us taking on some of that risk (and the reward of unexpected October strawberries, if we have another fall like the last one!).
For you: CSAs allow you to eat great, local, healthy produce and support the agricultural and environmental practices that you want to see — you vote with your dollars! You also know where your food is coming from, and can often go check out the farm and basically watch your food be created! Our CSAs also include recipes that include not just the produce in your weekly share, but also other locally, seasonally available food; we source a minimum of 80% of our ingredients from our farm and the other vendors at our farmers markets.
We offer complimentary delivery for customers near our farm in Berkley, as well as in the South Shore area.
Our local delivery area near the farm extends from Myricks to Providence, and from Attleboro to Fall River, including the towns of:
- Fall River
These deliveries will take place on Sundays, most likely in the late afternoon to evening though we will confirm this with members once we have an idea of our CSA member distribution for the year.
Our South Shore delivery area extends from Quincy to northern Plymouth, and from Abington to the ocean, including the towns of:
These deliveries will take place on Fridays during the day time.
All Shares Include:
- 2 Baskets/Boxes (depends on what we can get this winter) to rotate — each week bring us your basket, and we’ll give you your other basket packed with items
- A reusable shopping tote bag with our farm logo on it
- Produce storage best practices magnet
- A weekly recipe of the week card using items from your share
- A complimentary tour of the farm for up to 4 people to be booked during the season
Full Share June – September 16 week $560
- Approximately 7-10 items + 2 salad mix + herbs.
- Typically feeds 3-4 people, or 2 people who cook regularly and eat a lot of vegetables.
- Example mid-summer share: 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, 1 pound heirloom slicing tomatoes, 4 lemon cucumbers, 2 pickling cucumbers, 1 pint red cipollini onions, 1 pint strawberries, 2 zucchini, 2 summer squash, 2 salad mix with edible flowers, 2 basil, 1 mint.
Half Share June – September 16 week $320
- Approximately 4-5 items + salad mix + herbs.
- Typically feeds 2 people, or a family that does not cook often.
- Example mid-summer share: 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, 4 lemon cucumbers, 1 pint red cipollini onions, 1 pint strawberries, 1 zucchini, 1 salad mix with edible flowers, 1 basil, 1 mint.
Flower-Only Share July – September 12 week $350
- A large bouquet of about 12-15 stems per week + greens
- A pretty vase from local glassblower K+ Glass at the beginning of the season (value ~$80)
- Flower Share (add-on to produce shares) $300
- Egg Share $95
- Half dozen free-range duck eggs
- Extended Season May and October 8 week $80
- Approx 3-4 items + salad mix + herbs
- Example May share: 2 bunches French breakfast radishes, 1 bunch rainbow carrots, 1 bag kale, 1 bag salad mix, 2 bunches mint
- Example October share: 1 pie pumpkin, 1 bunch leeks, 1 bag of pears, 1 bag of salad mix, 1 bunch of lavender, 1 bunch of mint.
- Farmers Market Gift Card $50
- A $100 gift card to use at our farmers market booth in Hingham or Hanover (and any other markets you may do), at a 50% discount, if you think you’ll want to buy extra stuff (honey, for example)
A primary reason that we are doing CSAs is that we need some farm money over the winter to buy seeds and supplies, just to put that info on the table 🙂
- Deposit for all payment options: $100 to hold your CSA spot
- Early Pay Discount: Pay in Full at time of purchase to save 15% on your total invoice
- Standard: Pay In Full by April 1
- Installments: Pay 50% by April 1 and 50% by June 1
If you’d like to work on the farm (in Berkley) in exchange for your CSA share, we are also accepting a few workshares! We’d be looking for about 4 hours a week, ideally in one shift per week.
It’s not a problem if you haven’t gardened or farmed before, and we will work with you on identifying reasonable tasks. Please note that we have bees and ducks in the garden space, chickens, turkeys, and sheep on the property, and dogs occasionally in the yard.
To discuss a workshare, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Sign Up
Fill out this form, and we will send over an agreement and invoice for the deposit to the email address that you provide on the form.
Email us at email@example.com