Summer Scallops & Veggies Pizza
- 1 premade pizza dough
For the Sauce:
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 2 T flour
- ¾ C buttermilk
- ¼ t sea salt
- ⅛ t black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- ¼ C Atwells Gold cheese (grated)
For the toppings:
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 1 medium zucchini (in ¼” slices)
- 1 ear of corn (removed from cob)
- 4 oz scallops (quartered)
- ¼ t basil (minced)
- Lay out ingredients
Preheat oven to 500°
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth. Continue to whisk while roux sets up, approximately 2 minutes.
- Reduce saucepan to low heat, and slowly add buttermilk, stirring until smooth with each addition.
- Once all buttermilk has been added, add garlic, sea salt, and black pepper. Allow to bubble for 1 minute while whisking.
- Remove the pan from heat, and add cheese.
- Dust counter service with cornmeal, and roll out pizza dough into a 12” circle. Roll up the corners to create the edges of the crust.
- Distribute sauce evenly on the crust. Feel free to improvise on the total amount of sauce used, to your tastes.
- Add zucchini, corn, scallops, and basil, evenly distributed on the pizza.
- Bake the pizza (ideally on a pizza stone) for 6 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven, and add burrata. Burrata can be shredded up and evenly distributed, left as a ball in the middle, or a mix of those!
- Cook for 2-3 additional minutes, until scallops are completely white and cooked through.
- Serve pizza with additional grated Atwell’s Gold Cheese, sea salt, and minced basil to taste.
Jay Mendelsohn is the co-founder of Stargazer Hollow, and he heads up the farming operation here. He cares for all of the vegetables, trees, herbs, fruits, and animals here at the farm.
Jay is also a long-time professional chef, and creates the recipe of the week as well as passing on tips for vegetable preparation and pairings!